Expert 24 has developed a sophisticated proprietary technology platform for the creation and deployment of complex clinical decision support applications.
The platform comprises two key components:
- A visual authoring environment for rapid development, modification, testing and publication of decision support applications across all digital and mobile media, and
- An application run-time environment utilizing a custom-built, patented workflow engine (U.S. patent number 7,516,110).
The power of this platform is primarily in its ability to offer domain experts an intuitive, easy-to-use tool for authoring elaborate decision logic algorithms and then automating the process of translating these algorithms into deployment-ready, complete software applications.
These unique properties and advanced functionality enable the following benefits:
- Efficient, practical adoption of even the most complex clinical knowledge and protocols
- Exceptionally fast initial and ongoing development, typically undertaken by medical experts, with minimal involvement of IT personnel
- Clear, visual representation of the underlying decision logic that is easy to access, understand and govern by clinicians
- Easy, intuitive end-user experience of deployed applications
- Flexible, straightforward integration with external data, applications and infrastructure
In practice, this enables Expert 24 to deliver and maintain sophisticated, highly customized patient and provider facing clinical decision support applications with unparalleled speed, agility, clinical integrity and non-disruptive mobilization.
Typically, Expert 24 technology is used to build and deliver web applications, fully accessible from desktop, tablet and smartphone devices. In addition, these applications can be deployed as native tablet and smartphone apps.
One of the key advantages of working with Expert 24 is the range, sophistication and ease with which its clinical decision support systems can be integrated with external data, applications and infrastructure.
In terms of the end-user interface, or ‘front-end’, Expert 24 can facilitate and work within a variety of circumstances, including:
- Development of complete, standalone applications, utilizing Expert 24’s or client’s design and branding guidelines and resources, as appropriate
- Development of specific, individual components, to be imported into client’s existing application page templates and designs
- Provision of the required decision support logic as a ‘back-end’ service, with no direct end-user interface, to be called as required by client designed and built applications
Expert 24 tools can operate completely standalone or interface with external databases and applications, such as Electronic Medical Records or other relevant data repositories and workflow automation systems. Such integration is enabled by a suite of sophisticated APIs and web services that enable a seamless flow of structured, standardized data in both directions, in real-time.
All Expert 24 applications can be hosted by Expert 24, client or appropriate third parties, within industry-leading shared, dedicated or cloud-based hosting facilities.